Windows 7 Audio Issues

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have dual booted my Mac with Windows Seven in order to run 3DSMax for uni, just sorted out the internet and everything bar the sound is fine now.
I have no sound. It won't work at all. It's *touch wood* the only problem I have left to fix now. If anyone can give me a link to the correct driver that would be really awesome.

Cheers

[edit] While I'm here I may as well ask,

Last time I dual booted if I didn't press alt before startup it would boot straight to Mac, which was fine. But since having to re-install windows it boots straight into Windows. Does anyone know if there is a way of changing which OS it automatically boots into? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
I guess the first question is if you have updated to the newest version of bootcamp that supports win 7? and also if you go to system preferences in OSX and then "start-up disk" you can select the OSX partition as your start up disk. Then it will boot straight to OSX.

Reaction score
And when you install Win 7, should you do the 32-bit or the 64-bit ? Am asking as I have both.

Also, if I want to use VMware like Fusion-3 or Parallels 5.0, again should I install 32-bit or 64-bit Win 7 on a Macbook Pro 13 running latest Mac OS Snow leopard.

Thanks in advance!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only reason(s) to install the 64 bit version of Windows (in my opinion) is if you have more than 4 Gb of system memory or some killer application that only runs in 64 bit. And maybe one more reason: If you're developing 64 bit apps.

Perhaps over time we'll begin to see mainstream applications in 64 bit but for now, there are very few that are available for Windows. In that respect, OS X is ahead.

Regards.

OP
Mesalline
Reaction score
Sorted the sound out, found the driver on Realtek, took a couple of attempts but got there in the end! As for which windows I have I use 32 bit and it seems to be okay, touch wood of course. Its a bit annoying with all the pop ups and it telling me i've put in my earphones every time I do, but I only use it to do work so I'm not on it as much as my mac. And thanks Themuskr, I'll try that when I boot into OSX :)

thanks guys!

Reaction score
The only reason(s) to install the 64 bit version of Windows (in my opinion) is if you have more than 4 Gb of system memory or some killer application that only runs in 64 bit. And maybe one more reason: If you're developing 64 bit apps.

Perhaps over time we'll begin to see mainstream applications in 64 bit but for now, there are very few that are available for Windows. In that respect, OS X is ahead.

Regards.

Great! Perfectly makes sense! Thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.