Export Bookmarks from Firefox

M

menace3054

I wanted to start using safari again... anyone know how to export my firefox bookmarks over to safari? thx

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What did you do. You solution to the problem will help the next person, that come along and ask the same question.

OP
M

menace3054

rman said:
What did you do. You solution to the problem will help the next person, that come along and ask the same question.

lol i never thought of that. go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, then file, export, save the name, and then go to safari, file import.

OP
M

menace3054

menace3054 said:
lol i never thought of that. go to bookmarks, manage bookmarks, then file, export, save the name, and then go to safari, file import.

and i changed my mind back, im using firefox again

so3

Reaction score
Advanced URL Catalog - Bookmark manager

You can use this bookmark manager to export your bookmarks from Firefox into any browser or file. I use Advanced URL Catalog to move my bookmarks from Firefox into Opera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8

Hi, tried to do this, but don't have the manage bookmarks option. Any ideas on how to do this now?

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you still trying to go Safari > Firefox? If so, you don't need to export your bookmarks from Safari. In Firefox, go to File > Import... and follow the prompts.

Reaction score
Yeah, Same! I have firefox 3 and that is why we don't have it! can anyone help please?

The Avanti Blog.

In Firefox 3 you go to the Bookmarks menu and select "Organize Bookmarks". This brings up the "Library" window.

In the left-hand column, make sure "All Bookmarks" is highlighted.

There are five buttons on the upper left: left arrow, right arrow, gear, lines, and a box in a star; select the box in a star button. That will pull down a menu. Select the last item in that menu: "Export HTML".

That will export your bookmarks as an HTML file; you can name it whatever you want and save it wherever you want. You can then import that to your new browser.

Good luck!

Grebo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.