• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about Mac forums

Reaction score
Okay..im new to these Apple/Mac forums here..I have 3 different account on car audio forums around the web and real big into that and Apple products etc.. so I decided I wanted to join a forum for stuff like this..my dream one day is to work for Apple and eventually get higher up on the totem pole and be someone big but I was wondering..is this the best Apple/Mac forums on the interwebz? or are there some other good ones also? Just trying to figure this out because like I said I have 3 different accounts on different car audio websites and there is 1 that is dominant over the other two.

thanks for your help guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
We are the best, no question. I've looked on others, and there seems to be more flaming etc.
The people here are the most knowledgeable I have come across, and the moderation here is spot on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello and welcome . I agree that this is the best . I have a question for you...Did you really think we would answer any other way ?

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Welcome to MF! :)

This is the only forum I'm on that is Apple related and like yourself I usually join at least a couple from things I'm passionate about but I've never had to look for another Mac forum.

One thing to bear in mind though, if you do get a job with Apple I heard before that you can not participate in these types of forums - aside from the one on Apples own website. Maybe this isn't totally correct though???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Agree with all the above, and to add to clay's post, we wont dis our own little piece of paradise ... ;P

But yes it is well moderated and the Admins here are good in what they do. I have another account elsewhere and rarely if ever have needed to go to it. On that one people seem to think they are bigger than the next person and dont really add to the community...

And that is what this place is a community ...

Really hope you enjoy it ..

Cheers

Reaction score
Came here myself because a certain other forum gave me an infraction after a loser openly claimed to assault a women and I posted a rebuttal on it. I also was the one to report the thread but apparently that carried no weight. I had my account deleted. So far I have to say that this has been a very well handled forum. Keep up the good work guys!

OP
C
Reaction score
well thats cool. I was just making sure I was in the right place. :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Glad to have you on-board, but good gravy, please do away with that horribly distracting avatar. I don't care for it when I'm using MS Office, it's even worse when the animation is missing one or several frames.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It is a good forum but there are some members you're going to want to avoid *cough*clayneal*cough*. :p

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
uhhmm, :Oops: oh yeah... uhh ... Play Nice

forgot for a minute :Confused: senility ya know

I'm suppose to be a mod now. O:)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I "apologize" profusely. Now, where is that sarcasm button? lol. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I used to use the Apple.com forums a lot too but found M.F. is easier to navigate, more knowledgeable, and a better group of people. I haven't been on Apple's forums for almost a year (maybe more - I forget).
But that's not to say you wouldn't enjoy having a second source. To each his own...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I used to use the Apple.com forums a lot too but found M.F. is easier to navigate, more knowledgeable, and a better group of people. I haven't been on Apple's forums for almost a year (maybe more - I forget).
But that's not to say you wouldn't enjoy having a second source. To each his own...

Thats a good point ...I started on the Apple site but kept noticing Mac-Forims coming up in almost all of my google searchs so..... However I found it to be a pleasant enough place for a switcher except that it lacked any personality . It was strictly business with no real sense of community . Unlike here , we not only are able to find the answers we are looking for but a but a place to , well ...hangout , meet like minded people ( except for vansmith who just wants to ask me questions about goats .Its like he is just fascinated by my love for the furry little buggers , its like I am not a person just this goat connection.....Oops I digress) and as I have said before " Friends"( you know vansmith is from canada maybe they dont have goats there , I know they do have pink bunny suits because van has one and he told us all about it on IRC one night...there i go again)
So I say stay awhile ......

Clay

Reaction score
I did a search on Google for Macbook forum and this was on the top search result so here i am and welcome. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
When I first got my macbook, only five days ago I decided that I would need a forum to find the answers to my questions and read about other people's problems with theirs etc. I googled "apple forums" I think and this came up. I had a quick look through the rest of the google results and decided this one sounded the best. And here I am.

Also, I didn't use the apple forums because I got confused about where I would post my macbook questions, because unless I totally missed it, they don't have a late 2009 macbook model section?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unlike here , we not only are able to find the answers we are looking for but a but a place to , well ...hangout , meet like minded people ( except for vansmith who just wants to ask me questions about goats .Its like he is just fascinated by my love for the furry little buggers , its like I am not a person just this goat connection.....Oops I digress) and as I have said before " Friends"( you know vansmith is from canada maybe they dont have goats there , I know they do have pink bunny suits because van has one and he told us all about it on IRC one night...there i go again)
So I say stay awhile ......

Clay
Lies! I can sense the jealousy. It's okay, I'm flattered. As for the pink bunny suit, that's also a lie. At no point have I owned a pink bunny suit. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some dry cleaning to pick up at the costume store....

To the OP, this is only going to be the right place for you if you make it the right place. Just be polite, respect others opinions and advice and try to contribute when you can. If you do, you'll have no problem fitting in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I "apologize" profusely. Now, where is that sarcasm button? lol. :p

Van, you better apologize to "The Unit"! Remember last Sunday in IRC and those threads? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
This is the best place for answers, hands down. It's a very well run forum with mostly respectable members that are helpful, knowledgeable and tolerant to n00bs.

MF FTMFW.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.