• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Does something like this exist?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
An app for changing your main screen from the menu bar rather then going into system preferences?

S

Steel02001

I am not sure what you are asking, could you maybe explain just a little more. Then again maybe I am jsut lost. I have been studying for like 3 days on end.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
like when you are using screen spanning and i want to switch the display that has the dock and menu bar (main display) i dont want to have to go into system prefrences to change it so something in the menubar to change it would be ideal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
if you mean your desktop background, no, unless you have it set to change every x minutes, or there are widgets that will do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I think he means change which screen is set as his 'main' screen (as in the one with the menubar and dock) when he is screen spanning, without having to go into system preferences to do so. I don't think there is something like that, BD. I guess you could always check version tracker etc.

-Chris

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
bassplayrr said:
I think he means change which screen is set as his 'main' screen (as in the one with the menubar and dock) when he is screen spanning, without having to go into system preferences to do so. I don't think there is something like that, BD. I guess you could always check version tracker etc.

-Chris
yes that is exactly what i mean. If it doesnt exist some one is more then welcome to make it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o, thats like you control desktops, or desktop manager, you can get those at version tracker.

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Macman said:
o, thats like you control desktops, or desktop manager, you can get those at version tracker.
I looked at those two and they are for virtual desktops i need something for physical desktops

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Ok since what im looking for doesnt exist how bout a key stroke that will change it? I know there is no os x keystroke to do that but maybe a 3rd party app that will let me set it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just for changing the background? or do you want more than one physical desktop? if its the latter, the only way is multiple accounts.

K

Kokopelli

2 monitors. One on the left (with the menu bar) one on the right (without). BD want to move the menu bar from its current location (left) to the other monitor (right) and presumably back at some other stage. He does not want to open system preferences to do so.

Is that clearer? I don't know of anything that can do that, sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.