PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile Internet Plan

ApplejustWorks
05-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I have a Motorola V600 Cell phone, with T-Mobile Service.
It has built in Bluetooth, and can connect to my Macs beautifully.

I just switched my Phone service plan to The "T-Mobile Internet Plan for laptops and PDAs". Via my cell phone(bluetooth), I will get internet anywhere I have signal!

I've always wanted this! Woot!

:-P Don't be surprised when I'm posting on MF at lunch ;).

ApplejustWorks
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
bump 'edy' bump

bassplayrr
05-18-2005, 04:30 PM
What a nice setup. I wish they had that feature when I had t-mobile, I might have kept it. Does anyone know if Verizon offeres something comperable?

-Chris

ApplejustWorks
05-18-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm pretty sure they do...

Look for internet plans on their site..

Is you cell phone bluetooth enabled? It doesn't have to be, but then you need to use a USB cable...

bassplayrr
05-18-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they do...

Look for internet plans on their site..

Is you cell phone bluetooth enabled? It doesn't have to be, but then you need to use a USB cable...

My current phone is not, no, but then again I haven't bought a laptop yet (well, an Apple one anyway). I should have a loptop within the month and will be upgrading my phone service around the same time. I'm certianly going to check this out though.

-Chris

ApplejustWorks
05-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Well, as soon as my service gets updated(end of the billing cycle), the 24th, I can give you all an update on how it works.

EvoMac
05-18-2005, 04:48 PM
My contact is just about up with verizon (< 2 months). I couldnt find that add on plan on t-mobile's site or the v600 either. This might be a verizon switching dealbreaker.

ApplejustWorks
05-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Okay, on T-Mobile's site the internet plan:

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet

As for finding the V600, the current model is temporarily removed from the site because they are being updated soon(and there is no stock of the current one). I got a free update to the current one(arriving soon).

Additionally, any phone with bluetooth(there are several, some cheaper than the V600, available from T-Mobile).

Steel02001
05-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Wow, T-Mobile just skyrocketed in my books.

Sprint and Verizon dont allow "full bluetooth" capabilies such as that. I need to switch dang it.

EvoMac
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
I was not able to find any other decent bluetooth phones that t-mobile has to offer. Those 2 motorola phones they have there now don't do much for me.

Is t-mobile a company that allows for you to purchase any phone that accepts sim cards and use it on their service or do they have to be purchased right from t-mobile?

macAttack
05-18-2005, 06:07 PM
t-mobile will let you use any phone as long as it is unlocked...you can't buy it from verizon or something, it must be bought from a retailer or ebay. For example my dad wanted to buy a razor to use on t-mobile and the girl at the store said to buy it form ebay. Just looked for the word unlocked

macman88
05-18-2005, 06:07 PM
why was this user banned?

EvoMac
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Wow, I can't believe AJW was banned... he was quite helpful with a lot of things =/. I'm guessing it had something to do w. that one kid he brought onto the forum that got banned the other day bc of a snide comment to a mod.

AJW seemed to be real cool :oneye:

Aarow
05-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, AppleJustWorks seemed really helpful to alot of people.

Steel02001
05-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I never really worked with him that much to be honest.

bassplayrr
05-19-2005, 01:10 AM
He seemed snippy at times, but I did find him more helpful that not. Oh well, I suppose the mods know why it needed to be done.

-Chris

Steel02001
05-19-2005, 01:20 AM
I agree with Bassplayrr, we should drop the subject.

The mods do a great job and I am sure they have reasons for all their doings.

Keep up the great work mods!