Desktop Background

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Yesterday I was surfing the apple.com website and found a section with different desktop backgrounds. I downloaded several and ran one called "earhdesk". Since this was an apple site I figured there should be no problem - wrong on my part.

After installing the background, I found out the picture is a demo only, in that there are several hundred watermarks within the photo that state something like "demo only". Of course this information was NOT stated on the download page.

The problem is that this picture keeps loading itself after 1-2 minutes even when I select another. I cannot find a way to delete this file.

Can anyone provide some advice on what I need to do in order to delete it from the machine? In advance, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
go to system preferences/desktop&screen saver

in the bottom there is a "change picture" checkbox .. go ahead and deselect it

screenshot20100201at154.png

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
go to system preferences/desktop&screen saver

in the bottom there is a "change picture" checkbox .. go ahead and deselect it

screenshot20100201at154.png

Was not selected. For chuckles I selected it, then unselected it ..... same problem.

I tried to do a search for the file and cannot find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I assumed it was a wallpaper picture which it is not, you installed a whole new app called EarthDesk, is that correct?

the first thing to do would be to check your installer if it has an uninstall option, if it doesn't, read on

You should have a new pref. pane for EarthDesk itself, check that out ... I don't have it installed so I can't help out there ... however it is an application with a prefPane so you should be able to jut remove this prefPane and be done with it

look in ~/Library/PreferencePanes/ and delete it .... before you do, check the pref pane in System Preferences for any settings and options though!

a logout might be needed after this

C

chas_m

I don't have Earthdesk either, but I'd be quite surprised if their website didn't have some information on how to uninstall the product. Might even be in their help file.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Doing a restore from a recent back up would have sorted it. Perhaps time to review your back up procedure, as there are times where that is quicker than hunting for a corrupted file.

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Problem was solved by reinstalling the product and then using the uninstall link. Many thanks for the quick responses. I will definitely look closer at the back up features of the MAC, which as a new-comer I must admit is something I'm not to familiar with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.