Looking for an amicable parting with iPhoto

Reaction score
I have been using iPhoto since I bought my Mac last year and have decided it is time to part ways. I cannot say that I hate the program, I just no longer want to use it. During its tenure with me I used it to touch up some pictures and store the rest, but I am not sure hwo to extricate everything from its libraries when I ditch it (hopefully for Aperture2 ;D). Anyone have some directions? I started using iPhoto Library Manager, but have still decided to just end the relationship instead of managing it.
Thanks for any help here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
No problem. I switched to Aperture some time ago. Aperture will import your iPhoto library for you. It's a no brainer. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey VegasGeorge,
I was thinking that would work, but I am not able to purchase Aperture for a while due to finances. I just want to extricate my photos and organize them the way I would like. My mistake was just letting iPhoto import directly from my card instead of importing to a file system first and then importing from there to iPhoto.
I know this all sounds a bit anal, but I love organization.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Picasa might be just what you are looking for - and it's free!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.