Photoshop 7 compatibility

Reaction score
I have been given a proper copy of Photoshop 7, and I have tried to install it on my new iMac, which is running Mac OS X 10.6.2. Fairly soon in the install it tells me something about not being able to locate System Preferences Classic. It carries on installing, but when the install is over, and I click on the icon, it then won't load up, and gives me an error message. Is there any way round this, or is PS7 just not compatible with recent Mac OS..?? I have looked in the System Preferences window, but there seem to be no clues there. Help, anyone..?:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
a quick google search shows that it is not compatible. Sorry to be the bearer of this less then stellar news.

Welcome aboard

Clay

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks - I feared as much. Do you know what the oldest version of PS/CS is that would run on my machine..?

C

chas_m

There was a period of many years where owners of PS7 could upgrade to CS, CS2 or CS3 even.

That's all over with now, I believe. You'll need to buy a new copy at this point.

If you don't need the very high end abilities of PS (and you apparently don't or you would have upgraded a great long time ago), you may find that today's PS Elements ($99 or less retail) will give you everything you had in PS 7 and then some.

There's a free trial, so give it a spin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
At least it was a given to you and you didnt fork out your hard earned :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.