• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Most amazing 20 questions ever

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It will actually go to 40 questions...depending on your answers.

On the other hand...I hand absolutely no idea what I was doing, what the purpose of the website is/was, and what the heck "character" is this website even referring to???:Confused:

- Nick

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
My character was Jacques Derrida and it guessed Jean-Paul Sartre, then Michel Foucault (which doesn't make sense based on some of my answers) and then Jacques Derrida. So, that was kind of interesting - it kept within the same realm (20th century French philosophers).

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It will actually go to 40 questions...depending on your answers.

On the other hand...I hand absolutely no idea what I was doing, what the purpose of the website is/was, and what the heck "character" is this website even referring to???:Confused:

- Nick

The whole premis here is:
You think of a living thing. Animal or human. Can be real or not real like a cartoon or video game character. And the website has 20 questions to guess who you thought of. Provided you answer the questions is asks correctly based on the person/animal you thought of. And the whole point of the program is to say it using this format can correctly guess anyone.

And character is the person/animal you thought of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'll choose 5 people, and see if it can correctly guess my characters.

EDIT

So I chose 5 charcaters:

Steve Jobs
Bugs Bunny
George Bush
James bond
Tony Kanaan

Was not able to guess Kanaan. 4/5 right, and it usually asked very specific questions about my character around questions 10-13

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
well it got the chupacabra right. it is a genius

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I tried a bunch of people, just to see if I could stump it. :)

1. Russell Brand.
2. Noel Fielding.
3. Josie Long.
4. Simon Amstell.
5. John McCartney (Paul McCartney's grandfather in A Hard Day's Night - played by Wilfrid Brambell).

Of those, Akinator guessed Russell Brand, Noel Fielding, and Simon Amstell. It thought Josie Long was Russell Howard (right profession, wrong gender), and Paul's grandfather was Mark Renton from Trainspotting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
Man, that thing is good...I never would have imagined it would have guessed my first character who only appeared in one video game.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.