• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Backing -up just feels soooooo good !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Dont you just love the sound of your ex-hdd spinning up and the TM icon on your menu bar starting to turn and you just know that God is in heaven , the sun will come up tomorrow , all your data is safe and all is right with the world ! .......Or is it just me ?

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
I agree. I love the feeling when you know all of your data is safe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i do a manual back up because i do not have TM. but it is a good feeling.

Reaction score
What's even better is when you need to recover something and TM produces the goods. Sweet!

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Haha. Never thought of it quite that way before. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
can't wait...I won't have enough money to buy a Ex' Harddrive for another couple of weeks. It will be my first. By the way does anyone have any suggestions for me..I was thinking about going over to best buy and checking some out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Dont you just love the sound of your ex-hdd spinning up and the TM icon on your menu bar starting to turn and you just know that God is in heaven , the sun will come up tomorrow , all your data is safe and all is right with the world ! .......Or is it just me ?

Clay

Always love your take on things Clay ... But totally agree with you mate :)

can't wait...I won't have enough money to buy a Ex' Harddrive for another couple of weeks. It will be my first. By the way does anyone have any suggestions for me..I was thinking about going over to best buy and checking some out.

WD seem to work well. Havnt had a problem with my WD MyBook 1TB

Its a plug and play straight out of the box and with no formatting :)

But best to check out the Mac compatible and your price range too

Cheers

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

if you still have your old baby chewed pc just take the hdd out of it and buy a cheap enclosure or USB adapter then reformat it on your Mac to Mac journaled and bam your set up on the cheap untill you can afford what you want.

There is a real cheap "do it yourself " computer place here that sells USB adapters for 10 bucks ! So maybe check the phone book ?
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
thanks clay....

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
What's even better is when you need to recover something and TM produces the goods. Sweet!

I have something better than that:

When your teacher questions if everyone saved all their papers from last year to add in to your portfolio, you'll just be sitting there thinking, "yeah, every hour"

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
i do a manual back up because i do not have TM. but it is a good feeling.

+1, sort of. I don't have an external drive. I use a flash drive and an internet storage site. Since I've never lost... Wait! Not gonna jinx myself! Let's just say, I hope it works when it needs to.

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i have something better than that:

When your teacher questions if everyone saved all their papers from last year to add in to your portfolio, you'll just be sitting there thinking, "yeah, every hour"

;d

very nice !

Reaction score
I have something better than that:

;D

Sure, but you can no longer claim that your dog ate your homework.

Reaction score
i like it

my turbo tax documents have given up the ghosts to pc crashes the last two years(along with other stuff)! i wiped my old hard drive clean, reformatted, got an external case - tada!

i just this second closed turbo out, and came here.

it really does give you piece of mind

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I am writing this from my CCC back-up drive ! I came home from work , fired up the Macbook for another stirring session on Mac-Forums ,find a post on bootcamp with NO BACK-UPS . So I respond that he really shouldn't be doing anything with out a back-up. I go pour myself a cup of coffee and when I get back to my desk I hear my hdd trying to eat its way out of my machine!
Now over the years I have has more then a couple of drives fail a couple I would even as categorize catastrophic but wow ! I mean a total melt down, quick power down and get the tools and after I opened this thing up it was still almost too hot to touch.
But am I worried ? Am I freaking out about all my stuff ? No I am not ,And you all know why..

Thank you Carbon Copy . While I was waiting to power this back up I went online with the trusty iPhone and did something I should have done before...donated to Carbon Copy !

OP
clayneal
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update....just got the RMA from WD brand new drive on the way. Love that 5 yr warranty and a company that backs up ( pun not intended) its products !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
TM sux. Us e SuperDuper or CCC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.