Stickies That Actually STICK!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.26 GHz, Intel Core Duo, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Hi I'm new to this forum, and fairly new to Macs :)

I'm looooving my new Macbook. Especially coming from a 1 million year old PC that had about 250MB of RAM HA!

Anyway, what I am looking for, is a sticky/ sticky application, where I can write a note and keep it on my desktop for me to see all the time. Now I know the sticky application, SOHO etc, but with all these, as far as I can work out, the stickies disappear when I close the application.

So what I want to know is, can I have a sticky on my desktop that will stay on my desktop until I delete it? Without any programmes running?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Fisher..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Whatever you choose (and I use 'Stickies'), when it's open you need to right click on the icon and select 'Open at Login' - then it's always there.

Reaction score
try an application called bumptop. it makes a 3d desktop space so its like being in a room with 3 walls and a floor. it has a sticky widget of sorts built in and its a very fun productivity tool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
So what I want to know is, can I have a sticky on my desktop that will stay on my desktop until I delete it? Without any programmes running?

That just seems illogical to me. If there's something showing up on your monitor, how could it be there if there wasn't something running? You know that the Desktop only shows up because Finder is running, right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.