• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Freakin' FedEx!

B

badmojo

I ordered my new iMac G5 last Tuesday and had it shipped to my office, knowing I'd be there to receive the delivery (and to make my cohorts jealous). Well the genious' at FedEx tried to deliver it on Saturday. No problem there, but I wasn't around. Well guess what....the depot my poor, homeless, little iMac is sitting in is CLOSED today! What!? Closed on a freakin' Monday!? This isn't a hair salon or a golf course, FedEx, it's a normal working day....morons.

And as Mr. Murphy would have it, I'm going out of town on business tomorrow. *Sigh*

(memo to the forums: If you're an employee of FedEx this tirade is not directed at you personally, unless of course you're in upper management. In that case it's a big, swift kick in the keister!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
badmojo said:
I ordered my new iMac G5 last Tuesday and had it shipped to my office, knowing I'd be there to receive the delivery (and to make my cohorts jealous). Well the genious' at FedEx tried to deliver it on Saturday. No problem there, but I wasn't around. Well guess what....the depot my poor, homeless, little iMac is sitting in is CLOSED today! What!? Closed on a freakin' Monday!? This isn't a hair salon or a golf course, FedEx, it's a normal working day....morons.

And as Mr. Murphy would have it, I'm going out of town on business tomorrow. *Sigh*

(memo to the forums: If you're an employee of FedEx this tirade is not directed at you personally, unless of course you're in upper management. In that case it's a big, swift kick in the keister!)

Make sure you don't take to long to go pick it up from the facility or they will ship it back to the sender. I had the same thing happen to me when FedEx was supposed to ship me my verizon cell phone. They tried to deliver it on a Sun. but my office is a suite inside one large building. Long story short, since they couldn't get to my suite, they didn't leave a note. Since Verizon doesn't supply a tracking number with thier shipments, and since FedEx didn't leave a note, I didn't know to go pick it up. The dang thing was shipped back to Verizon after FOUR DAYS, and I had to pay to have it re-shipped. :mad:

-Chris

OP
B

badmojo

Well, I'm gonna have a co-worker sign for it tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, though.

OP
J

Jefe3223

HAve you ever noticed the "E" and the "x" make a little arrow....pointing to something, but i know not what. FedEx....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jefe3223 said:
HAve you ever noticed the "E" and the "x" make a little arrow....pointing to something, but i know not what. FedEx....

I think someone has been building model airplanes with the wondows closed again. ;)

-Chris

OP
J

Jefe3223

bassplayrr said:
I think someone has been building model airplanes with the wondows closed again. ;)

-Chris
Airplanes, ha! I'm a military ship man, myself...like that guy on "Ripley's" who built exact scale models out of tooth picks...

(but it does form an arrow, look at the side of one of the trucks)

OP
E

EvoMac

"Have you ever seen a 20 dollar bill man?" - those who have seen halfbaked will understand.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Jefe3223 said:

Oh, I see it now. I looked on Google Images, and yep, you're correct. Hey, I'm suppose to be the one with the weird imagination. :spook:

OP
J

Jefe3223

iWhat said:
Oh, I see it now. I looked on Google Images, and yep, you're correct. Hey, I'm suppose to be the one with the weird imagination. :spook:
An Old lady stopped me to show it to me. I always see it now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, hahaha, I just logged on to the FedEx site and I now see exactly what you are talking about regarding the arrow. It's probably just a coincidinki, don't you think?

-Chris

OP
E

EvoMac

Wow that is really odd. I've never noticed that before... here attached logo since I know probably everyone reading this is looking for the logo
fed%20ex.gif

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Jefe3223 said:
An Old lady stopped me to show it to me. I always see it now.

Sure, blame it on a poor old lady. It was you. :eek: :cool:

OP
B

badmojo

iWhat said:
Sure, blame it on a poor old lady. It was you. :eek: :cool:

I guess it's supposed to convey movement, and a direction forward, but I never noticed it until now. In my case, the arrow should be going the other way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
badmojo said:
I guess it's supposed to convey movement, and a direction forward, but I never noticed it until now. In my case, the arrow should be going the other way.

But that's just the problem, If you look at the drivers side (at least here in the states) the arrow is actually conveying the notion of rearward movement. My personal beliefs are that it is actually some type satanic symbol.

-Chris

OP
J

Jefe3223

badmojo said:
look at the other side of the truck and it IS backward. :-D

OP
B

badmojo

bassplayrr said:
But that's just the problem, If you look at the drivers side (at least here in the states) the arrow is actually conveying the notion of rearward movement.[Chris

Didn't think about that. Well at least FedEx is being consistent with their marketing AND execution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.