• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Pro Log and Capture Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6ghz Duel Core 6GB RAM OS X 10.5.7
Hi, i am new to this forum and i have been searching high and low to find a solution to my problem. So far nothing has worked. Here is my delemia, if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Okay, so in Final Cut Pro 5 for some odd reason, everytime I click Log and Capture to import video off my HDR FX1 the program unexpectedly quits. I have all the settings right, and I know its not the camera or firewire becuase it imports no problem into iMovie and it quits even when the camera is not plugged in to the computer. I have trashed all my preferences, and even have to newest update installed which is 5.1.4, if i recall correctly. I do not have the installation disk so i cannot re-install the program. I am at a loss right now because i do not know what else to do. I have the lastest version of Quicktime and everything else is completely up to date. I do not know what else to do. PLEASE HELP!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.