• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Panther to be released Last Week in October

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Source: MacRumors.com

MacRumors.com has gotten reliable information that Panther should be released in conjunction with an Apple Store event to take place the last week in October.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
in adam sandlers voice from billy madison "jackpot"

i think the event is that apple and schools thingy or whatever its called

all i know is ill be in the apple store as soon as i know

P

pcmankey

How do upgrades work with Apple? I'm getting my first Mac that hasn't shipped yet but is due to in a week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
pcmankey said:
How do upgrades work with Apple? I'm getting my first Mac that hasn't shipped yet but is due to in a week or so.

if they follow the same way they did the 10.2 upgrade, then yours will be free if you bought it within 30 days of the release, or $20 if you bought it within 90 days ... but no one will know until apple says anything

P

pcmankey

MacAddikt said:
if they follow the same way they did the 10.2 upgrade, then yours will be free if you bought it within 30 days of the release, or $20 if you bought it within 90 days ... but no one will know until apple says anything

Okay, thanks, I hope it does come out this month then.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Oh no, I am in trouble now. Do I want panther or Indiana Jones Trilogy. Maybe if she is not looking I can get them both. Or buy the upgrade for her and the movies for me. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Know what you're talking about with the Indiana Jones Box Set. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I know this is off topic, but I am with you. I like the last movie the best with Sean Connery as his father. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
schweb said:
Source: MacRumors.com
...in conjunction with an Apple Store event to take place the last week in October.

I hope that event doesn't involve an updated iBook. I need at least a few more months to prepare for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I guess I'll just be getting Panther for $20. I baught my G5 too soon ;)

*cough*yea right*cough*

sKaD

H

hokiethang

sKaD said:
I guess I'll just be getting Panther for $20. I baught my G5 too soon ;)

*cough*yea right*cough*

sKaD

yeah it will suck to get it for free from software distribution. I love being in college :-D too bad it goes so quickly :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Apple to support DVD+RW format in Panther

Source: MacMinute.com

Apple to support DVD+RW format in Panther
October 13, 2003 - 18:17 EDT Apple, a longtime supporter of the DVD-R format, said today that it is adding support for DVD+R and DVD+RW into Panther, the new version of Mac OS X that ships next week. "Apple is only adding support for backing up data and has not yet added support for the format into its media applications, such as iDVD and iTunes," reports CNET News.com. "Nonetheless, the move is a strategic shift for Apple, which until now has supported only the -R standard, contending it was used by more DVD players. The company has shipped some machines with Sony-made drives that can write to both the +R and -R standards, but in those cases it turned off the +R capabilities."

My Comments: This is good news!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.