Music to a CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
I downloaded a song that is about 2 hours and 30 minutes... it is a house techno mix. I would like to burn it to a CD... MOST CDs are 80 minutes, is there anyway I would be able to get the WHOLE mix onto one CD so I can play it on a CD Player, and NOT have to change the CD halfway through the mix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What format is the song in?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Only way is to convert it to a format that can compress it down small enough to fit on a 700-megabyte CD. I'm guessing MP3 would be it. (FLAC would probably be too big.)

Only thing is, the CD wouldn't be a playable music CD; it'd be a data CD. Many modern CD players can play MP3 CDs, though. Check the manual on the CD player and see what you need to do to ensure a compatible MP3 CD burn (assuming it even supports that format).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Only way is to convert it to a format that can compress it down small enough to fit on a 700-megabyte CD. I'm guessing MP3 would be it. (FLAC would probably be too big.)

Only thing is, the CD wouldn't be a playable music CD; it'd be a data CD. Many modern CD players can play MP3 CDs, though. Check the manual on the CD player and see what you need to do to ensure a compatible MP3 CD burn (assuming it even supports that format).

No FLAC would be fine, if you use level 8 compression a total CD will come out at 400 mb ish. Ok this is a long "song" but I reckon you could get it to 600 mb easily.
It will then play in any CD player.

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
Ok when you guys all mentioned file size. I was thinking. HEY! Create a playlist on ITunes! So I did, This is ACTUALLY from a podcast called "LightBox" it is a mix of different songs that are techno/house mixes. So naturally it is long.

After I created a playlist, I checked the format of the file by dragging it to my desktop, it IS MP3 and the file size is 2.5 hours at 277.1 megs.... THANK YOU GUYS! I would have been driven ape had none of you mentioned that XD

Problem SOLVED

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.