• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nexus one the first iPhone equal ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I have owned all 3 iPhones and love Apple more then most.
I just bought the Nexus One and have to say it give the iPhone a run for the money in every way.

The screen is beautiful the iphone next to it looks old and dated, the camera is everything I wanted in a pocket camera and takes great pictures.

It's So quick even on ATT edge that i could not even imagine this on 3G.

all said and done I am not sure I will be getting another iPhone, maybe to resell but somehow think i will be sticking with the Nexus.

which is good so i then can get the iSlate!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Just wondering if any other nexus owners feel the same way coming from a iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I think what it all comes down to, Is whether or not you want iPhone OS or Android.
We can debate hardware all day long, Hopefully Apple has some serious upgrades planned for the next iPhone.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'm also looking for a new phone, but I'm waiting to see what the new iPhone is capable of before I make my decision between the two.

I really like the Droid but the lack of some of the more popular multi-touch features is kind of putting me off it. >_<" Hopefully they resolve whatever issue they have with it.

OP
BadApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
I cant wait to see the next iPhone I use ATT but have not got a phone from them, so will buy a iPhone and keep it or ebay it....
I do love the nexus one and the camera is awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Aside from a few mods and a couple of members here, I doubt you're going to get many enthusiastic, non biased opinions here. I'm of the former group and would love to try Googles new phon, but that might not happen until we get back to the states.

You'd have a much better idea as to what the real story is over at the Howard Forums. And getting unbiased opinions towards non Apple stuff at MSNBC is like asking the same of The Wall Street Journal. Never go to the media for answers silly rabbit ! 

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Haven't tried one, but from what I've seen in demo videos and know of the hardware I am pretty impressed. If it works as well as it looks, and because AT&T is getting more annoying by the day, I may be switching to Verizon and N1 this summer unless Apple makes some big changes to the iPhone.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would have a hard time buying an HTC product of any kind. For me, it will be a toss up between Droid and a Verizon iPhone (should that happen before April when my contract comes up for renewal). I have to tell you, so far, the Droid is looking mighty appealing. If they improve the physical keyboard before then, it'll be a slam dunk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'd like to like it, but just can't yet. I'm holding out to compare the rumored Droid version 2 (which is suppose to be without the keyboard) and the next revision of the iPhone hardware. Regardless of the handset, I'm more focused on the carrier, as my actual voice calling performance is terrible here in Minneapolis. I never lost a call in Bloomington, IL but here it happens several times a week. AT&T will be losing me, regardless of whether the new iPhone is exclusive to them or not. Here's to hoping the Android-based handsets keep getting better with time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.