iMac speakers - recommendations?

Reaction score
What speakers are you using? I'm currently using Logitech 2300's and am somewhat satisfied, but am considering checking out the Focal XS set. They sure look good, and JM Lab is an amazing company for high end speakers. I know there will be some trickle down to these, but not sure just how much. I would suspect that they sound better than my Logitech's but not as loud/bassy. They look amazing and seem to be designed with the iMac in mind, but sound quality is my #1 priority. If I can have both, that is a huge bonus.

Anyone using the Focals? How about Audioengine? Has anyone upgraded from Logitech to either of them? Or another suggestion?

-Craig

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Audio engines sound great but the ones I've seen never have a powered sub and the music I like requires proper bass.

I went with the BOSE Companion 3 v2's and I love them. Small enough for the space challenged desk and big sound. BOSE has as many haters as followers but I love them.

Here you see them in my setup, notice how they don't come up any higher than the aluminum chin - which I needed due to the space limitations...

web.jpg

BOSE_Companion_3_II.jpg

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. That setup looks very nice! I like the green contrast additions too. I'm also looking for a desk to match/accent. Right now I have silver/black glass in my mind, but would like to see what others have...new thread to come.

I'm not typically a Bose fan, but they might be good for something like this. I'm somewhat of an audiophile, so I've seen my fair share of Bose bashing over the years, but they do have a niche market, and desktop speakers just might be part of it. I may go give them a listen to see how they stack up against the Logi's...and hopefully the local Apple store will have the Focal's set up for demo...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
My local apple store had numerous speaker systems set up, including the Focals and I preferred the Bose for my music preferences. Not to mention Focals huge height would block my monitors as per the pic above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.