Problem with Stuffit Expander

D

dackerman

Hey guys,

I recently got my PowerBook a few days ago, and I am loving it. I installed lots of cool apps, and I realized that I needed to open .sit and .sitx files so I downloaded Stuffit Expander 9.0.

Now, whenever I double click a .sit file for example, the dialog window comes up showing that it's extracting the files, and the folder is actually made. But...there is nothing in the folder! For all .sit files!

I uninstalled (dragged folder to the trash) and then re-installed with no luck. I am going to try and repair permissions and see if that works.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
dackerman said:
Hey guys,

I recently got my PowerBook a few days ago, and I am loving it. I installed lots of cool apps, and I realized that I needed to open .sit and .sitx files so I downloaded Stuffit Expander 9.0.

Now, whenever I double click a .sit file for example, the dialog window comes up showing that it's extracting the files, and the folder is actually made. But...there is nothing in the folder! For all .sit files!

I uninstalled (dragged folder to the trash) and then re-installed with no luck. I am going to try and repair permissions and see if that works.

Any other ideas?

You might try downloading the 902 version of Stuffit, perhaps that will work for you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have 9.0.1 here on Tiger and it works perfectally. Like James said, try the latest version.

OP
D

dackerman

I think I downloaded the latest version if I am not mistaken...the installer said 9.02 but then I checked the "About" page and it said 9.01.

Do you have a direct link?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mine says the same thing. I had just downloaded it the other day. It claimed to be 9.02 but when I do a version on it, it's 9.01 but it works everytime. what version of OSX are you running there?

Reaction score
dackerman said:

I tried repairing permissions as well...nothing seems to work.

I know the program works, i have it here. Don't worry about it saying 9.0.1 there was a glitch in it that makes it show up that way, though if you want you can download the actual 9.0.1 version and install that and upgrade it later if it works for you. Get it from Version Tracker.

I would recommed uninstalling it and getting rid of all the old config files that belong to it first, then doing a clean install. If that doesn't work I have no idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.