rosso

Please can someone tell me if the following printer works on mac:

Samsung ML-1510

I cant seem to find info on it.

Thanks

OP
B

Badger

I've used the 1710 for over a year now on both X and 9.2. The 1510 and 1710 are the same printer except the 1710 has more memory. Both have the same engine, case and use the same cartridge and software. For personal use or SOHO you'll get good service out of it.

Reaction score
I think most printers will work on the mac. Even though you can't install teh drivers, OS X will recognize it and will work, like mine (an HP). And also, about any HP printer will work with OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Well...how bout almost any printer except Lexmark will work with OS X? I couldn't get a X6150 to work to save my life...and I tried all kinds of CUPS tricks...no workie. That's why I'm the proud new owner of a Canon Pixma 780!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Welll....ok big guy...if you can figure out how to get a Lexmark X6150,X6170, etc. to work in anything that doesn't start with MS...I'd love for you to enlighten the rest of the planet...Trust me they don't work...at least not in anything 10.3 or lower (I haven't got Tiger yet...so I can't say it wouldn't with Tiger or not).

Here's just one example of other folks that haven't had any love with these printers in Mac OS anything...

http://www.macupdate.com/reviews.php?id=6321

Check this page out:
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:385:0:0

I believe you'll see lots of MS drivers...but funny...I don't see any for any other OS's...hmmmm...strange I'd say! And guess what! The built in Lexmark drivers in OS X don't support a X6150 either! Holy cow! Whodathunkit!

I'm sure I could come up with inumerable others...they don't work...they don't work in Linux, they don't work in BeOS, they don't work in Unix, they don't work on Mac OS anything as well. So...bealive (sic) what you want...but not every printer is compadibile (sic) with Mac OS X. Believe me...I wish they were...but people should be very aware that there are issues with certain printers in Mac OS X...but on the whole...there are a fairly large number of printers that are successfully supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
mcsenerd said:
Welll....ok big guy...if you can figure out how to get a Lexmark X6150,X6170, etc. to work in anything that doesn't start with MS...I'd love for you to enlighten the rest of the planet...Trust me they don't work...at least not in anything 10.3 or lower (I haven't got Tiger yet...so I can't say it wouldn't with Tiger or not).

Here's just one example of other folks that haven't had any love with these printers in Mac OS anything...

http://www.macupdate.com/reviews.php?id=6321

Check this page out:
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:385:0:0

I believe you'll see lots of MS drivers...but funny...I don't see any for any other OS's...hmmmm...strange I'd say! And guess what! The built in Lexmark drivers in OS X don't support a X6150 either! Holy cow! Whodathunkit!

I'm sure I could come up with inumerable others...they don't work...they don't work in Linux, they don't work in BeOS, they don't work in Unix, they don't work on Mac OS anything as well. So...bealive (sic) what you want...but not every printer is compadibile (sic) with Mac OS X. Believe me...I wish they were...but people should be very aware that there are issues with certain printers in Mac OS X...but on the whole...there are a fairly large number of printers that are successfully supported.

Lexmark is the least supported of all printers that I have seen.

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3

Even gimp print has practically nothing on lexmark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know...Lexmark is by far the worst...it reminds me of all the trouble peeps were having getting their winmodems to work in Linux just a few years ago.

Reaction score
holy crap, lexmark does suck.... everything with them breaks or just doesnt work..... i know from experience.

and did u call me big guy ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nope...that was directed at lilmacdude, or whatever that guys/gals name was, that used to appear on this thread...gone now...Deleted account? Hmmmmm... In any case there was a statement made that in his opinion ALL (yes...he said all) would work in Mac OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I bought a Lexmark Z22 during the hotshot dot-com online discount days. I think it had a retail price of $149 and I got it for free after three or four discount codes and rebates. Ahh, those were the days.

Anyway, it was hooked up to my kids' PC for years and then I realized it was cheaper to buy a new printer than to replace the ink cartridges in it, so it went into storage for about a year.

My gf needed a printer for her iBook, and I told her she could have the Lexmark. With brand-new cartridges and a USB cable plugged in, the printer worked perfectly. OS X recognizes it as a Lexmark printer and there are no problems with any of its output.

I mention this because you can't always make absolute statements about a particular brand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the best way to describe things is...if you're going to make a blanket statement...you better make sure that blanket really does cover the entire world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.