• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1st and Last

N

numacuser

Hi all,

Well I saw the thread "First and Last visit to an apple store" and assumed it was about what was the 1st product you bought from apple and what was the last apple product you bought. As it turned out it wasn't so I thought I would start this thread:

So what was the last thing Apple product you bought?
And what was the 1st??

I haven't got anything yet (waiting for this god**** check to clear!) but when I do my first purchase will be:

12" iBook 1.2GHz Combo with a 80GB HD and 512MB of SDRAM with Bluetooth module and Office for Mac and a Wireless Apple Mouse.

So what did you get last and what was your first??

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
My first from a retail store was my PowerBook and the most recent is Tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
numacuser said:
Hi all,

Well I saw the thread "First and Last visit to an apple store" and assumed it was about what was the 1st product you bought from apple and what was the last apple product you bought. As it turned out it wasn't so I thought I would start this thread:

So what was the last thing Apple product you bought?
And what was the 1st??

My first was a Performa 6116CD with a zooming 60MHZ PPC601 processor and 14 inch CRT monitor with built in speakers. It was awsome... for the early-mid 90's.

My most recent purchase from apple was panther (not for the performa) ;-)

OP
N

normal1

My first was an Analog to Digital video converter from ACD (iirc). Works like a charm :)

OP
S

SogniX

From the retail store?

1st: iMic (IIRC)
Last: 12" 1Ghz PowerBook

I also helped get a Mac Mini for my niece, and got the free Epson Stylus C86 printer deal (after rebate) out of it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have yet to buy anything from an Apple retail store. The nearest one is about two hours away. I just order everything online.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My first and last purchase at the Apple Store was Airport Express. I've only been to the Apple Store once, since the Apple Store is 1 hour (traffic permitting) from my house and the other is 2 hours away. :(

OP
E

EvoMac

My first purchase - 20gb iPod, car kit, and exo 2 clear case @ Rockaway Mall, NJ
Last @ apple store - Mac Mini 1.42 base configuration @ Short Hill Mall, NJ

OP
N

numacuser

Sorry if I didn't make my self clear in the first post; Its just the first and last apple product you ever bought, it doesn't matter where you got it whether its the apple store, online shop or even a department store.

Sam

OP
E

EvoMac

In that case..
First Purhase ever: I had a mac classic when I was 7 years old
Last: my iBook

OP
S

SogniX

numacuser said:
Sorry if I didn't make my self clear in the first post; Its just the first and last apple product you ever bought, it doesn't matter where you got it whether its the apple store, online shop or even a department store.

Sam

in that case -

1st ever from macmall.com (in 2001) :
Dual 533 Mhz G4 Tower ("Digital Audio"), 17" Apple Cinema Display (CRT), Adobe Suite.
(my first Mac switching from Linux & Windows) :)

latest from apple.com :
Quicktime 7 Pro Key :p

OP
B

badmojo

My first Apple was an Apple ][ Plus, 1 disk drive, no hard drive. It looked like the attachment, although this one's in the Smithsonian.

My next Mac comes tomorrow. A new iMac G5 17".

P8250021.JPG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.