Hullo Macists.

N

neom

So two days ago, I bought a mac from the apple online Canada store using my educational discount. This year I am going to be attending the Georgian School of Arts for Photographic Arts and Imagery. I’m really excited about my purchase of a mac. Since I graduated I’ve been working in the IT industry and a lot of my co workers use apple.

The mac I bought was a 12” ibook, 512mb ram and a 30gig HD.

When I was looking for a laptop for school, I needed something small that would handle graphic intensive work like a hot knife in butter; I was told an ibook would be the best thing for this. So, here I am.

As I said, I ordered it two days ago.. one thing I’m a little disgruntled about is that the estimated ship date is the 19th of this month. I was hoping they would ship it today.. I mean, how long can it take to put a block of ram in and put it in a box? Regardless, I was a little annoyed about that, mostly because I’m going on holiday on the 20th and I want to take it with me. I phoned apple and explained that but he just said there was nothing he could do about it, and asked if I needed anything else.

Oh well, when it comes, it comes.

One quick question, what is a good site for free mac applications?

Best Regards,

John.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i love my 12" iBook!!!! you will love yours too.

Reaction score
i dont know if it would be that good for graphic intensive work..... only a laptop HD (slower than normal) and with the small screen and 32mb video ram. Oh well, i guess it would be good for you, unless you like big screens.

Good luckk with the iBook, ENJOY YOUR PURCHASE!

OP
N

neom

shaun89 said:
i dont know if it would be that good for graphic intensive work..... only a laptop HD (slower than normal) and with the small screen and 32mb video ram. Oh well, i guess it would be good for you, unless you like big screens.

Good luckk with the iBook, ENJOY YOUR PURCHASE!

Well, I guess it will be on the fly graphic intensive work, and for taking to class.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
neom said:
I needed something small that would handle graphic intensive work like a hot knife in butter; I was told an ibook would be the best thing for this.

Who told you this? The obviously hadn't used a powerbook!

Anyways, seeing as you've already purchased your iBook and you intend to do graphics intensive work on it, I would recommend you up the ram. Photoshop CS et al need lots of ram, a gig if you can afford it, max it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.