Need help with Powerbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Recently I bought a powerbook, like yesterday. And I opened up the box at my house and set it up w/ the 56k configuration, because i don't have any high speed internet access. however, when i brought the powerbook up to school, i plugged it into the ethernet port and experienced some difficulties. in the dorms, we're supposed to have a t3 connection but im connecting as if im on 56k. my roomate continues to gloat at the fact that his PC can surf faster than my very expensive mac. and yah, whenever i open up safari, it won't load. so i would always have to stop than reload. for some reason, internet explorer is faster than safari. but altogether, it is slow. so please, make my computer surf faster than a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
sometimes in dorms they use a proxy server. ask your roomate to check under their internet explorer Tools menu, under "Internet Options" >> "Connections" . see if there are addresses for a proxy configurations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
try creating differnt locations also with ethernet and dialup separated so you can be sure you just have ethernet.

trust me your powerbook will browse faster then a pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I'm a new PowerBook owner as well and I've noticed that Safari works significantly FASTER than Internet Explorer. I wonder why your computer seems to run IE faster. In any case, I think Microsoft said that they're not going to support IE for Mac anymore so eventually Safari will be our only choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.