How can I break my G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a 2ghz G5 at work. It is old and I cant stand it any more. I need it to look as if it has just died (logic board going down, processors overheating ect) but I dont want to hurt the hard drives. How an I do this without it looking like someone has taken a knife to the logic board or put paper clips in all the fans? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sorry, you're not going to get help here in defrauding your employer by vandalizing equipment that doesn't belong to you.

That's just so wrong on so many levels, particularly in this economy, with so many people looking for work. If it's not working efficiently for you, contact your IT folks and register the complaint, don't damage the equipment. If you were one of my users and I caught it, we'd be sitting down with HR.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have to agree. We only have office staff of 6 with 10 computers in use. The worst of the bunch is the last of the P3 1Ghz celeron machines they purchased my first week with them. They weren't that great 10 yrs ago. It's a little slow with some things, a lot slow on others. But, running Excel and Outlook all day long it does ok.

A whole lot of companies are operating in the red currently and these are just not the types of expenses many companies can legitimately put out at this time without good justification.

I would think a 2 Ghz G5 should be able to handle most office duties without problem. If you're having issues with it, these need to be brought to the right person's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.