• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Here's a laugher!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Sir Alan Sugar said exactly the same thing: 'It'll all be over by next christmas"...
Alex

OP
B

badmojo

alexmaccoll said:
Sir Alan Sugar said exactly the same thing: 'It'll all be over by next christmas"...
Alex

This was one of the most ridiculous things Gates has ever said. He's just pissed his engineers didn't think of it first. iPod is a cash cow for Apple and it's not as if Microsoft shys away from all things hardware. Heck, they're knee-deep in it. I disagree with Gates' approach of an all-in-one device (phone, music player, etc). I consider myself an egghead but I like some devices to be separate, and I wouldn't want music on my phone. Case in point: My wife goes to a gym and likes to bring my iPod with her. No problem. If it was my phone/music player then I'm out my phone. Fuggettaboutit!

OP
C

crazycanadian

Although Im not defending Microsoft, I would actually consider a mp3/phone/etc. In the example of going to the gym, I think it would be handy for most people to have their mp3 player combined with their phone. Its handy and you can listen to music, while tracking your phone calls and etc. Could also be bad, Im already annoyed with those who go to the gym and sit on work machines and just talk away.....

OP
B

Badger

I already have all the devices I need, does Bill expect that I'll junk them just to replace them with a single multi-function gadget? This should go down with other great predictions like: "There is a world market for maybe five computers," " [Clint Eastwood] will never make it in Hollywood," and Saddam Hussein has WMDs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.