what to do with a .toast file

S

staffkeeper

Hi All I have a .toast file on my mac and I am assuming that it needs to be burnt with Toast is there anyother way I can burn/install the file without using Toast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nope you need toast

OP
S

staffkeeper

Thanks for the quick reply is there a demo of toast available anywhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
OP
S

staffkeeper

Thanks for the link immdb but the program would not work I have been searching for a demo version of Toast but up to now I have found nothing but will keep looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I've never seen a demo copy of Toast.

I set up an environment so that ImageMounter couldn't see my Toast application. I then dropped a toast file onto ImageMounter and it mounted without a problem. So, I'm wondering if there might be a problem with your toast file.

What happened when you dropped the toast file onto ImageMounter?

OP
S

staffkeeper

All that happened was I got the multicouloured spinning circle for about a minute then nothing the bar at the top of the screen showed the program but all the options were light grey and the file option did nothing i'm still relativley new to Macs so I don't know for sure if it is working or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The menu appears to be the same as mine. The application doesn't allow you to "Open" from the menu, it expects you to just drop the .toast file onto the ImageMounter Finder icon. If the "Quit" command is available for selection then the application would have started up. If that is the case, I would still think that your .toast file is corrupt.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.