• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Backup Xbox 360 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My children seem to eat xbox and wii games. Is there a way to back up the game dvd using my mac? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Onto a mac no not legally, however on the xbox you can install the game onto the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
XBox 360 Backup Game Disks, Flashing Service, Red Ring of Death Repair, Drive Replacements, and more!

If you have the original version of the game you can get the game from them for $8.50 legally. All you have to do is ship your xbox to them and pay $60 and they will "flash" it making it able to read copied disks and they will give you two free games of your choice.

Jeremy
Why pay when that feature is already built into your xbox...... for free. And secondly "flashed" copies requires you to have a modded xbox aka breaking the eula and the terms of xbox live, so you will be banned from xbox live and will end your coverage. The xbox allows you to install game discs onto the built in hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Onto a mac no not legally, however on the xbox you can install the game onto the hard drive.

How about a link on how to do this? I've never seen an option for it on my 360 and I've got a lot of HDD space on that thing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Even on the 360, when you install a game to the hard drive, you STILL need to have the actual disk in the drive.

Installing the game to the hdd just helps with load times and such latencies.

You basically go into your Games Library and select the game you have inserted, and there should be an option to install the game to the hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Even on the 360, when you install a game to the hard drive, you STILL need to have the actual disk in the drive.

Installing the game to the hdd just helps with load times and such latencies.

You basically go into your Games Library and select the game you have inserted, and there should be an option to install the game to the hard drive.

Every game that I have played does that. The other post made it sound like you could install the game and not need the disc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Every game that I have played does that. The other post made it sound like you could install the game and not need the disc...

That's what I thought when I first came across it, but low and behold, you still need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah you just need to have it in there but it does not read the disk.

Reaction score
Yeah you just need to have it in there but it does not read the disk.
You're partially correct - When you load up a game from your HD, the 360 needs to confirm that you have the original game disc, then once it has done this, it won't read the disc any more, but it still needs to be in the drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah too bad the system won't read disks that you burn yourself so you have to mod your system first off and you are braking the eula for the system plus some copyright laws by backing up game disks, not to mention that some law people would see having a copy of a game on your hard drive as intention to share those files illegally.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You're partially correct - When you load up a game from your HD, the 360 needs to confirm that you have the original game disc, then once it has done this, it won't read the disc any more, but it still needs to be in the drive.

Anti-Piracy at its best?

Yeah too bad the system won't read disks that you burn yourself so you have to mod your system first off and you are braking the eula for the system plus some copyright laws by backing up game disks, not to mention that some law people would see having a copy of a game on your hard drive as intention to share those files illegally.

Wow they seem to get around that stuff pretty fast. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow they seem to get around that stuff pretty fast. >_>"
Yep thats why they got smart after the first xbox they had hired a few of the lead developers that created the mods for the first one to help stop the mods from happening for the 360.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Yep thats why they got smart after the first xbox they had hired a few of the lead developers that created the mods for the first one to help stop the mods from happening for the 360.

How well do you think they got paid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
I can't believe a thread supporting and encouraging blatant software piracy is getting so much attention :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't believe a thread supporting and encouraging blatant software piracy is getting so much attention :-(
Have you taken a moment to see what we have actually said. I would take that as a no in seeing your comments and your rep, so I think that has been settled.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Play nice, folks. I don't want to shut down this thread, but I will if it turns into flaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.