• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

problems dloading quicktime

Reaction score
Ihave been told before that if you try to dload quicktime or itunes from a pc that you are automaticially directed to pc dloads. I use my mac for music production only and get so much more work done not having the distraction of the internet... its not without its downfalls thou as with stuff like this. could someone possible post link to the newest version of quicktime cau i simply can not find it...im always directed to windows version. i am running currently running tiger 10.4.11

thanks for ure time
maximlee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I'm thinking his problem is, if I'm reading it right - his Apple is not connected to the internet, so he won't have access to update, so he wants to download the quicktime for his Mac on his windows based PC that is on the internet.

Honestly, your (the OP) easiest solution is to hook up the Mac to the internet for a brief time and do the software update.

You can *try* this link:

https://swdlp.apple.com/cgi-bin/Web...oadApp.woa/1504/wo/utKcHD4yhLLIFCxb3jx04g/2.5

but my guess is it won't work as it will probably still check your OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Well, is the Mac in the same room/building as the windows pc that does have internet access? If it is, why not network the windows pc to the Mac and share the connection?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.