• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Violent videogames on the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I am just reading about a Wii game called Madworld and here is a little note about it - "In no other game, for example, can you grab hold of a leather-clad enemy and impale him anus first on a rusty spike, which penetrates his body and rips through his mouth in a bloody fountain on the other side."

And my question is, is there any other really violent games for the 3 current systems (Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360). I'm not here to glamorise or condone the violence. I'm just want to see what everyone thinks is a really violent game.

For em Madworld is the most violent game on any of the systems. But do any of you disagree? I'd like to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Madworld is certainly the most violent, but in a cartoon horror kind of way I guess.
GTA is violent in the same way I guess too, but less horror, and trying to be closer to life in look. I actually hate it, played for a while, thought it was pointless.
It really depends on how you define it in terms of realism or cartoon like.
Doom is violent, so is Resident Evil, but they aren't realistic at all.
Narc, God of War, the list goes on.
There was a game on Wii that was banned here (name escapes me) because you could use the controller to wield a baseball bat and bludgeon people, and that was considered too "life like" to be allowed. I guess they have a point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3
Silent Hill Homecoming had its moment such as sticking a drill through a woman's jaw and seeing your father sliced in two down the middle

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Manhunt 2. Made by the same people that brought you GTA. They say it's more violent than the original, and "stretch the limits of the mature ratings label with all sorts of gruesome acts of murder and mutilation." >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.