i can't get this program to work ..

Reaction score
i am trying to download xilisoft Converter Ultimate but after its done downloading
and i open it this is what comes up in textEdit "This program cannot be run in DOS mode".

how can i get it to work?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Could you please provide me with a link to the application please?

I'm almost 99% sure but I believe this app is Windows-only and you are opening a '.exe' file up which Mac OS doesn't understand hence why TextEdit is launching and displaying code.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is yet another variant of the same crappy software that also underpins Aireesoft, iSkySoft and others.

These products are scams made by Chinese companies, advertised through forum spam (to increase Google page rank) and are half-baked at best. If you choose to purchase one of these products, be aware that these organizations are sleazy at best and your credit information is in jeopardy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Surely you can get some freeware that does the exact same job?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Surely you can get some freeware that does the exact same job?

If it's just the media converter, ffmpegx, Handbrake and VisualHub (hard to find these days) are preferable.

OP
C
Reaction score
this is the link DVD Creator for Mac - Mac DVD burner to burn DVD on Mac

i want this bc i am looking for converter that can convert movie to a dvd that can be played on my dvd player

i had convertxtodvd on my pc but my pc isn't working so i decide to get one for my mac...i really like convertxtodvd but thats only for pc not mac

can handbreak convert any movie file to dvd format thats playable on my dvd player? if so then i will check it out

thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're just taking taking a video file and want to burn it onto a DVD, Toast will do that for you easily, but it's not cheap. I know of nothing that will easily transcode and burn to a DVD in one step other than Toast.

OP
C
Reaction score
k i will give it a try.... hope it works just as good as convertxtodvd or better

OP
C
Reaction score
so i got it and im testing it out..but i don't see anything that says burn just record, i going to click on tht and it says "Encoding"
so im hoping this works! fingers are crossed!

OP
C
Reaction score
the movie isn't showing good it keeps sticking but it shows good on my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.