Create many iPhoto Albums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB OSX 10.6
Hey everyone

I'm new to iPhoto, and my first impression is quite bad, because you really don't have much freedom.
I've managed to get some things the way I want them to be, but I hope you can help me with one prob in particular:

I'm the kind of User who wants to keep an organized structure in the files/folders appearance, so for example my structure looks like this:

Photos/Barcelona/"Here are all the different locations"

e.g.:

Photos/Barcelona/Tibidabo
Photos/Barcelona/Beach
and so on

when I import the "Barcelona" folder into iPhoto, it creates events from each subfolder. That's bad, since I really would like one top event and when I click on it see the different locations.
I know that's not possible in iPhoto, so I created some folders (in the panel on the left hand side). So I create the folder "Barcelona" and can drag all my different events into it, so I have my basic structure back.

Now my question:
I have lots of different galleries and always drag each single event into the corresponding top folder makes me sick. When I mark all events and drag them over iPhoto creates an album which contains ALL the photos. Thats ridiculous! Is there a way to mark all my events belonging to a particular holiday/person/location whatever, drag them into a Folder so that iPhoto creates for each event a single Album (the way it should be...)???

:\

Antares

OP
Antares
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB OSX 10.6
Hehe, I've looked through so many google results, but now I found what I was looking for:

ScriptBuilders: iPhoto Folder Import 1.0

Simply drag your folder which contains all subfolders onto the scripts and iPhoto generates the album-structure.

I hope my post here helps other people as well...

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Or use keywords and smart albums. Put the keyword for a particular person (for instance) on each photo where that person appears. Then create a smart album using that keyword. Presto, forever more, all photos with the same keyword will be in that album. You can have multiple keywords for a single photo, so you can organize any way you want. Works great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.