Cubase SX3 and Snow Leopard 10.5

Reaction score
Hey guys I've made the leap to Mac from being a PC for too long.

My Mac spec is as follows

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz
4 GB Memory 1067Mhz DDR3
640 GB Hard Drive
DVDRW
Wireless
Bluetooth
Webcam
Firewire
NVidea 9400 256MB Graphic Processor
1920 x 1200
Snow Leopard 10.5

I've bought it mainly for recording and video editing purposes for my band.

I've been later informed by a friend that because of this having Intel CPU I can't run SX3?

Although in regards to this gentleman's logs - Leopard,Creative Suite CS2, Cubase SX 3 and Office 2004 compatibility

It has only changed a few layouts of thing?

Anyone who can talk this over with me, Would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Zeb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Don't really know what your asking here mate! Can you be a little more specific?

OP
Z
Reaction score
Yeah sure.

I've recently got myself a Mac which is running Snow Leopard 10.5

I've bought a MAC because I'm looking to record demos and such with my band running Cubase SX3.

But I've read that because my MAC has Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 Ghz. It might not work. I've read a few things today and they all contradict each other.

See post for people saying there is no issues. - Cubase SX3 on a G4 Mac Running Leopard??? - Gearslutz.com

See Post for people saying there is issues - Cubase.net .:::. View topic - Mac OS X 10.6.1 - Cubase Sx 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
Have you already got the software? If you do I suggest installing it and trying it! Since I've also done a bit of research and there are lots of people saying that it works! But still quite a few saying that it doesn't!

Sorry that's not much help lol!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac G5
you are doing fine if you only half to upgrade your operating system

You are doing fine if you only half to upgrade your system cubase sx3 is about 3to4 four or five years old it is out of date at-least you dont half to upgrade your computer you would be better off to upgrade to logic or logic exspress which is a mac program or keep sx3 for mastering or upgrade to cubase 5 which is good, I have had to upgrade everything because my mac was not intel based so it will not run native instruments guitar rig four cant run my Uad cards unless I spend 3 thousand dollers on a mac pro so consider your self lucky to only half to make a system jump and not hardware so much time for playing and not enough time on computers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.