Need help finding podcast equipment

Reaction score
Currently, I'm recording a podcast at the university radio studio. However, my access to the studio runs out this month. I'm looking to record the podcast from home, but I'm not sure what equipment I need. I've been recording the podcast on Pro Tools and have both Pro Tools and an Mbox on my MacBook (which is what I will be using to record at home). I need to know about a relatively cheap piece of equipment that I can hook up three mics to and possibly a CD player. I'm assuming a simple mixer will do the job (one that can be plugged directly into the Mbox...I'm guessing that's how to do it). If you know of anything or have any suggestions on how to do this at home, please let me know. Thanks.

Note: if at all possible, I'd like only suggestions that would allow me to use Pro Tools...I already own it, and it's my software of choice.

OP
T
Reaction score
Someone on here has to know a thing or two about this. A little help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
I think your looking for something like the Behringer Silver XENYX 1002 Mixer?

Not sure if it's compatible with the M-Box though! I don't really know much about the M-Box!

I'll do a bit of research and get back to you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Depending what you will be doing while podcasting (talk, music, continuous djing) A dj or studio mixer, a good microphone and headphones are all you will need.
You already have the Mbox and Pro Tools so you are set.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
You said three mics, try the Alisis Multimix 8 firewire

MultiMix 8 FireWire

Usually under 200 $ and should work with your software. and you wouldn't need the mbox but you can also pick up a cheaper Behringer 4 channel and plug it into the Mbox

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to look into the Alesis MultiMix 8 FireWire.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.