• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

iTunes Store - Location Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Hey guys,

Well, I stumbled upon a show on the SPEED channel called Gearz.

After doing a quick search I can buy Season 1 on the iTunes store with my region set to United States but as I have a UK account it won't let me complete the purchase - it is not listed at all on the UK store. :Grimmace:

Is there anyway around this or am I stuck here?

I know there are DVDs from the show but sadly I can't get these in the UK either, how I wish we had the SPEED channel here...

EDIT: There's also American Muscle Car I want too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No way that I know, unless you have relatives in the US with an account, or a good friend who can pay for them.
Trouble is you can't then grab them either, as you are here.
Tricky.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Yeah, I could get someone to buy them for me but they'd be protected files, which is another problem in its own... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Exactly. Give it 6 months and the shows will no doubt pop up on Men and Motors or the like.
Of course there may be other ways of getting them ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.