Im really psyched!

W

WireFire

Hey guys,

My mom just bought me a 15 inch PowerBook G4 with combo drive. I cant say how happy I am with my purchase. The PowerBook is quick and snappy for everything I have tried on it so far. The machine itself is beautiful. I do, however have two questions:

1. Can anyone recomend some good to have free software?

2. Im having problems installing the full version of iWork. I got the machine on Saturday and installed the trial version of the program. The next day (yesterday) I went to the store and bought the full version. Even after deleting all of the iWork trial files (except for four that show up in spotlight that I cant seem to delete) I get a message when I put in the full version that says that I have a newer version allready on my hard drive. Does anyone know how to get out of this?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
First congrats on your purchase.

One, you can try either Version Tracker or Mac Update.

two, there is a receivpts folder on your system which contains a bunch of little files. These files tells software update what software you have installed and what version you are running. What you need to do in remove the files that have iword in the name from the folder.

OP
W

WireFire

Thanks a ton rman! I deleted the receipts for Pages and Keynote 2 and installed the full version. It is now up and running and I could not be happier!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Glad I was able to help. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
dowload Quicksilver. you can use it to lauch any application or file on your laptop.

Reaction score
yes, quick silver is good if you don't like using the dock. and i asume you have tiger, but if your still using panther, then get konfabulator.

www.konfabulator.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.