Printing question

Reaction score
Hi my name is Bill Hoff and I'm an Appleholic.

Quick question, how do I print selected text? I'm used to the process in Windows having a "print selection" option, but I can't figure it out on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
There is no direct way to print selected text. (That I know of.) I use Services. If I'm in Safari, I select the text, go to Safari/Services/New Note with Selection and then print from the Note. Originally, I had to right click in the Note Menu Bar and Customize it by adding the Print icon.

Reaction score
Hi my name is Bill Hoff and I'm an Appleholic.

Quick question, how do I print selected text? I'm used to the process in Windows having a "print selection" option, but I can't figure it out on my Mac.

If your talking about printing text in a web browser, in Firefox you select the text and on the top menu under "File" is "print". There is a drop-down menu next to the printer for "print selection only".

There are other options in the box that drop's down as well.

OP
style0
Reaction score
Sounds like Safari needs an update concerning that feature.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you do a lot of this, Firefox does have this feature built into the Print function.

20100102-mtssp1ef296nxjjy9ufwispfmw.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.