Pictures oriented incorrectly - how to fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-Mini
I hope I am posting in the proper place here.

I have a client of mine who is a photographer. She sends her client's proofs to me vial email. When I receive the proofs and save them to a folder so that I can post them to her website I experience a problem that I don't know how to solve. Some of the pictures are not oriented properly and I have to go into preview and either rotate them left or right in order to get them to be properly oriented.

This takes time because sometime she sends over hundreds of pictures at once and I have to go through and browse all of them to see if there are any that are not oriented right.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Can it be automated so I don't have to do it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
1- Tell her to fix her photos herself in the first place. Most pro photographers fix that on import from their cameras to start with.

2- In Photoshop you can make it an Action to apply to multiple photos quickly.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac-Mini
1- Tell her to fix her photos herself in the first place. Most pro photographers fix that on import from their cameras to start with.

2- In Photoshop you can make it an Action to apply to multiple photos quickly.

Interesting.

She uses a PC and when the photo's are handled there, they do not appear to be oriented wrong. The Mac is where the wrong orientation shows up. I had read something about this before and it seems like it had something to do with metadata that comes with the photo that gets processed differently on a Mac than does on a PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.