iPhoto / Sharing on NAS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Hi,

I am new to Mac and have a brandnew iMac (so software versions should be up to date).

I and my family have been using Windows for a long time - and the rest of the family still is.

As regards photos we always used to share them on a NAS (both for security (it is RAID configuration) and shared access).

Now I would like to have the iMac to take the same approach (i.e. access the photos on the NAS) and also share them from there with other programs (iWeb, etc.). I cando so, by accessing the photos on the NAS, but apparently I cannot process them without importing (which I don't necessarily want):Oops:?

How can I best do so?

(Also, what is the meaning of the iPhoto > Preferences > Advanced > Importing: Copy Items to iPhoto Library (ticked or unticked))

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Jerry

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Hi, does anybody has an idea how to do?

(basically I also don't want to have my iMac disk be loaded with lots of photos which are copies of photos stored on the NAS)

Thanks in advance, again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.