• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple has a great deal going for students right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
:( Why doesn't Apple have discounts for high school students? That stinks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They probably look at it this way. College students live away from school and almost all of them have their own computer which they need to type up papers and take notes in classes. High school students usually live at home and have a family computer and are less likely to need a computer for working

J

JSchultz

Thats an awesome deal.. I might just sell my current iBook g3 and upgrade to a G4 thats 4000000x better for a mere 350 bucks.

M

meltbanana314

BurntSmore said:

Yeah, I know.

My solution was to sign up for a (free) course at a community college and get the discount through them.

E

embries

Fine Print:

Excludes 12-inch iBook with CD-ROM drive, eMac, Mac mini, and Apple education promotional bundles.

I

iMe

BurntSmore said:
Yeah....We all should sign a petition saying that all high schoolers should be able to recieve discounts on all ipods, and atleast 12inch ibooks, and mac minis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
They won't give it to high schools. They are also under the presumption that a majority of high schoolers are not paying for their own computer. Most college students are paying for things out of there pocket

Reaction score
It would be too much of a profit loss for Apple to give a discount to HS's. You should be happy they already give such a great discount to other students/teachers. What other company makes it that easy to get a student discount?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
BurntSmore said:

that is an awesome deal i will have to check out!!!

they probably dont offer it to hs students because they arent paying 3x,xxx a year to go to public highschool....paid private schools might bring up a whole new issue though

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
meltbanana314 said:
Yeah, I know.

My solution was to sign up for a (free) course at a community college and get the discount through them.

Oh man, I should have done that too! You sure that does't break any legal term things? lol :biohazard

OP
M
Reaction score
djlee12 said:
What other company makes it that easy to get a student discount?

Dell just makes their sales prices better than their student prices...

S

stephan.ilnycky

i think it says in the details that it can't be used with a student discount

"# Apple education promotional bundle pricing, education institution pricing, and other education promotional offers supersede this offer."

OP
M
Reaction score
stephan.ilnycky said:
"# Apple education promotional bundle pricing, education institution pricing, and other education promotional offers supersede this offer."

I don't think student prices are considered a "promotional offer" they are just regular student pricing.

S

stephan.ilnycky

mynameis said:
I don't think student prices are considered a "promotional offer" they are just regular student pricing.

right, but they also say that it supersedes educational pricing.

OP
M
Reaction score
stephan.ilnycky said:
right, but they also say that it supersedes educational pricing.

I was thinking education institution pricing meant the prices educational institutions paid when they would buy a whole computer lab worth, which would be different then individual education pricing. I guess before I buy another I better call them because I am really not 100% sure.

S

stephan.ilnycky

mynameis said:
I was thinking education institution pricing meant the prices educational instituations paid when they would buy a whole computer lab worth, which would be different then individual education pricing. I guess before I buy another I better call them because I am really not 100% sure.

yeah, i think i'm going to call tomorrow, because i plan on buying a new 12" soon, and if i could get the extra $100, that'd be pretty sweet

E

embries

Uh Apple does give discounts to high school students, but your school has to be qualified. Just checked and my old high school qualifies for student discounts. The discounts are not as good as the ones I get from my college, but it's something.

J

JSchultz

Im pretty sure you can use it with your student discount. Just look at the 2nd paragraph:

"And much more affordable. In addition to the savings you always receive with your student discount, you'll get $100 back by mail when you buy and take possession of a qualifying Mac* between May 2, 2005, and June 25, 2005. "

Seems pretty clear and defined to me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
embries said:
Uh Apple does give discounts to high school students, but your school has to be qualified. Just checked and my old high school qualifies for student discounts. The discounts are not as good as the ones I get from my college, but it's something.

Where can I look to see if my high school is qualified?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.