Please Help! Problem with connecting speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83GHz; iPhone 3G
Hey,

I have a little problem. I bought these speakers for my macbook but have no idea how to connect them. The speakers didn't come with any wires, so I need to know which wires I need to buy.

here is the link to the speakers:
Centrios? 4" wall/corner duo cone speakers | Speakers | Clearance Outlet | TheSource.ca

I think these are the plugs I need
Future Shop: Audio: Audio Accessories: Monster Quik-Lock Bananas 2 Pair (QL GMT-H MKII EU)
but which wires do I need and how do I connect them?

Please help!
Thanks in advance,
Daisy

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Can you post a pic of the rear of the speakers? A pic of both would be preferable.

It would be highly unusual for speakers of that class to use a banana plug.
More likely would be a 3.5mm mini-plug.

We can help here, but an easy way would be to take them to your local Radio Shack or other electronics shop.
Tell them you need a stereo mini-plug (3.5mm) to plug into your Mac and they can help you out from there. (Maybe I need to say 'they should be able" to help from there.)

The end going into your MB will look like this.

OP
Daisy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you post a pic of the rear of the speakers? A pic of both would be preferable.

It would be highly unusual for speakers of that class to use a banana plug.
More likely would be a 3.5mm mini-plug.

We can help here, but an easy way would be to take them to your local Radio Shack or other electronics shop.
Tell them you need a stereo mini-plug (3.5mm) to plug into your Mac and they can help you out from there. (Maybe I need to say 'they should be able" to help from there.)

The end going into your MB will look like this.

DSC00054.jpg

Here is a picture, thanks for helping me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
These speakers are intended to be used with an amplifier. They are not computer speakers. They are more for home theater/stereo applications. The headphone jack on your Mac is not going to push enough juice to power these.

OP
Daisy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
These speakers are intended to be used with an amplifier. They are not computer speakers. They are more for home theater/stereo applications. The headphone jack on your Mac is not going to push enough juice to power these.

Alright, thanks for clearing it up.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
JayGray beat me to it.

You are right about it being a banana plug though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.