iSight

Reaction score
I'm considering an iSight, but I don't know if I'll use it enough to make it worth it. Does anyone have any comments about it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I sure don't use it as much as I was hoping. A client purchased it for me, but it just doesnt seem to be used that much :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I use it all the time. It is great for me up at school with my family having one at home. Especially with the H.264 codecs and Tiger the quality of video and sound are crystal clear

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe if I can convince some of my friends/family to get one, I'll get one too. But for now, I don't know anyone that I could even confrence w/ it. Thanks for the info though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I don't think it'd be worth it unless you actually know 3 or 4 people you could actually chat with...

It is cool (we have one set up at work), but you unless you're going to use it on a regular basis - what's the point?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 iMac, 1.8, 1 Gig, airport// G4 PowerMac w/Apple LCD, 12" G4 PowerBook, G3 Clamshell
I have one and it is great- trouble is I do not have a clue on what to do with it.......no one to chat with..... :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
wvmac said:
I have one and it is great- trouble is I do not have a clue on what to do with it.......no one to chat with..... :mac:
One of the other threads reminded me of this one... usb web cams are much cheaper and can be tricked into working with ichat a/v using shareware called ichatusbcam. if you just want to try out video chat and see if yu like it you may want to get a cheap USB cam and then if you really like it get the super duper nice iSight. just a thought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.