Tution

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm gonna be switching later this year, but would like to learn the use of Mac OS X beforehand.
Do you guys have any tips on good switching tutorials, or general OS X tutorials for that matter?
Or any good literature tip? I'd prefer online tutorials , as books usually seem very comprehensive and written "for dummies", having worked with Linux for years I don't think I'm a dummy.

Just thinking that it's time to get OS X because I'm tired of such a fussy system like linux wich demands you to do lot of console work and setting up compiling bla bla before you can enjoy the system. Windows is fussy anyway, because the hardware is not by the same company and the software simply suckz :p .

So OS X .

cheers
yogi

Reaction score
There are a couple good tutorials on this site. Try the search in the upper right hand corner.

Otherwise, Apple has a bunch of great tutorials on their site. If you know someone w/ a .Mac account, there are a handful of tutorials to get introduced to your mac.

However, if you've used Linux, you will figure out how to use your new mac in about five minutes. It's eaiser than you could possibly imagine.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Here's a good place to start:

http://wikitosh.com/wiki/pmwiki.php

I just found out about this through another website. It's called Wikitosh, and it has the stuff that you would like to know about. Wikitosh has great potential.

M

mangoSharingan

Yea, if you have been using Linux for some time, and even if you have only used Windows before, you can easily get used to Mac OS X. I switched a few months ago and I pretty much learnt my way around on the first day and after that, I was bored and asking ''so what do I do now???'' :D

And of course, bookmark this site first and then ask any questions you can't find answers to.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the swift answers, guys. I think I'm getting comfy here...

I mean, find a comparable windows forum... people on those boards usually end up screaming at each other in panic and frustration ("Did you check your Device Manager and the unsigned drivers XP doesn't allow blah blah")

Really appreciate it.

cheers
yogi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.