• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

stopmotion for mac...free...

Reaction score
Basically I just got this mac for christmas.
I'm a stopmotion animator who previously used WMM to create movies. I would simply import all of the clips, reduce them to the shortest framerate and edit it as I pleased. However i'm finding that imovie doesn;t quite seem to have the same kind of editing ability. I can only shorten clips to 0:04 frames per second which makes the clips have a slight time delay. So I have two questions-

1. Is there any way at all of lowering the frame rate to at least 2 per second?
2. If this doesn;t work then some software will suffice, but all the editing software i've found requires a live camera- my method is shooting the frames with a digital camera and then uploading them to the laptop, but it seems there are no free programs for the mac that just string existing photos together, only those taken with the software live.

I hope you guys can awnser my questions, i've been tweaking all the photo settings in imovie for ages now just trying to get a grip as to what to do next....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
iMovie 09 allows you to set the frames per picture to 5. That would be 6 frames per second for a 30 fps video.

QuickTime Player Pro 7 allows many more options for the frame rate of sequenced imported images. It is $29 from Apple which is a license to upgrade QuickTime Player 7 to Pro. Assuming you have Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) you might find QuickTime Player 7 in the Applications/Utilities folder. If not, it can be installed from the install DVD, or downloaded from Apple.

Perhaps someone else can suggest a free solution.

iStopMotion is a decent tool, but expensive for the HD option. If I recall right, you can import a collection of images as it sounds you would want to do.

OP
B
Reaction score
Actually those solutions are pretty good- I suppose it's worth the money if it's what I can use on a long term basis. I'll try to see if I can get that Quicktime program too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.