• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Xbox Gamer Zones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Okay so heres the thing, my step-dad got an xbox 360 for Christmas, hes a christian and i explained to him about what you hear on Xbox live. He wasn't to keen on the idea of all the swearing and such, so I was wondering about these gamer zones. I saw that they have a family gamer zone, will the family gamer zone filter out the profanity?

Reaction score
Okay so heres the thing, my step-dad got an xbox 360 for Christmas, hes a christian and i explained to him about what you hear on Xbox live. He wasn't to keen on the idea of all the swearing and such, so I was wondering about these gamer zones. I saw that they have a family gamer zone, will the family gamer zone filter out the profanity?

In a word, "No". The "Zones" are supposed to be there purely for matchmaking purposes, IE putting you into a lobby of players, who (in theory) are around the same skill level as you, but this rarely happens.

If someone in the lobby (or the game) is using profanities, then you should be able to mute them. You can also go into the "recent players" tab and leave them negative rep, by selecting avoid player and then selecting the reason, EG Comms > Disruptive voice, or whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
You could mute them, leave negative rep and report them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
they can;t filter out what they don't know thats going to be said. they dont know if somebodies going to curse or not. so no it won't be filtered out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.