• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

video effects

Reaction score
I was watching a you tube video today of someone giving a review of an imac. On one side of the screen showed a video of him describing the new 27 inch imac. On the other side was another video of him taking it out of the box. What software will allow me to do the same thing.
I want to make an instructional video where you can see me describing how to do something and next to that you can see it being done while I am talking about it.

Reaction score
I think you are speaking about Soldierknowsbest, he uses screenflow i believe.

Reaction score
Screenflow for capturing a movie of your Mac's screen. Video camera for external video. FCE or FCS to resize, position, and edit them out to something usable. You'll also need a good microphone to record your voice over stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.