• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Xbox Pink Screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
When I play dvds I get a pink screen... only when I play DVDs. everything else is fine ie. dash board and when I play games. its just a pink heu, I can see the dvd and menus and such its just pink. whats going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Looks like the internal video card is going, one fix may be let it cool down an entire day, then purchase the xbox fan for back when you run it... xbox tends to overheat..... but if you recently bought it return it ASAP Good luck

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
i just got it... today! lol thanks!

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay so I did some testing, it only did that on my tv. I tried it on my grandmothers tv as well as my moms. So today I bought a new tv! an Insignia 1080P. the Picture is beautiful! works great.

Reaction score
dont use external fans! they just make it worse alot of the time, just like the macbook's fan, the xbox's fan is made to work with it, and if it isn't sufficient, then there is something wrong with the machine

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so i bought a new tv and everything is fine... so it was my tv.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.