Bluetooth, won't recognise devices

Reaction score
The young uns iphone, 1st generation, won't recognise any devices via bluetooth. Bluetooth is activated and other phones/devices are close by yet still doesn't find any.

Any ideas anyone?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Bluetooth on the 1st gen iPhone only works with a Bluetooth headset.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
Bluetooth on all generations of iphone will only recognise Apple computers, headsets and other iphones.

They don't sync to other devices so you don't swap itunes content to other people

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I have an iPhone 3GS that won't see my MacBookPro. Just got this phone 2 days ago. The lady at the phone store said I needed to download an app for bluetooth to recognise other devices which I think sounds like BS. So what's going on with the iPhone Bluetooth?

Reaction score
Bumping an old thread here. I just got a 3gs, my macbook pro can find my iphone but my iphone can't find any bluetooth device at all. It does say searching, now discoverable but finds nothing even when I sit the phone on top of the macbook. Anyone know how to overcome this?

Thanks
Splint

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.