Gimp Problems

Reaction score
Downloaded Gimp, opened it and X11 came up with it. I have figured out that you have to use that to run Gimp.

But when I open Gimp there is this HUGE window that I can't change the size of, it says like file, edit, view, etc. I don't know what to do, tried using the manual but I still can't change the size of the window nor edit any pics. Any help?

Thanks,
Logan

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What are you machines specs and which version of OSX are you running? What version of Gimp did you download?

I just grabbed Gimp 2.6.7 and am running it on an iMac G5 with OSX 10.5.8 Leopard. I can drag the windows to any size I want it just like any other OSX Application by grabbing at the bottom right corner of that window (GNU Image Manipulation Program) with the File, Edit, Select, View Image, ETC and hold down the left mouse button and drag.

Reason I ask what version your OSX is, Gimp has several versions each for a different version of OSX.

Reaction score
that sounds like the actual image window. Try going to file and creating a new file. See if that fixes the issue.

Reaction score
Gimp Problems: Brushes

I've never had any issues with my window size on my gimp, but for some reason when I downloaded gimp it didn't download as an app, but rather as a separate device all together! Because of this, I can't figure out how to download brushes > <

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.