just bought my macbook

Reaction score
well I've finally made the switch I sold my pc and bought a mac. I decided to go with the white macbook brand new and customized...I put 4gb ram and a 320 gb hard drive in and it should be here tomorrow! I'm very excited to get it but I'm beginning to wonder if I should have gotten a pro just because of the look and illuminated keyboard I wouldn't need it for any other reason...what do you all think about macbook vs. Mac pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MacWorld Magazine has some pretty good comparison charts that you can look over regarding the various Mac computers. The latest MacBook (the one you purchased) actually does real well up against the 13" MacBook Pro.

LINK

Regards.

OP
T
Reaction score
excellent read. thanks much. im kind of second guessing my choice to get the macbook over the pro but here's how i see it...

i got the white macbook 2.26ghz 2gb ram and 250 gb hard drive for 949, after upgrades 90 for 4gb ram and 45 for 320 gb hard drive brought it out to 1084

the macbook pro that i would get would be 2.26ghz 2gb ram 160 gb hard drive for 1099, after upgrades 90 for 4gb ram and 45 for 250 gb hard drive it would come out to about 1234.

the difference is about 150, dont know if it's worth it or not...i'd really apprecite your input on this matter...thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe you made a good choice. The MBP 13" model does have some things that are special - such as a firewire port, backlighted keyboard, and LED display. Whether or not those are worth the extra $150 to $200 is a personal choice that only each individual can make.

Also... The MacBook Pro is about at the end of its current run. We should see new models early next year.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad & iphone 3G
Correct me if I am wrong but as I recall they have the same motherboard, graphics, and Core2Duo Procesor.

I think you made a great decision. If you dont need the extra cosmetic stuff, there really is no reason for it...

Reaction score
don't fret it. You'll enjoy your mac. I wasn't really into macs.. was convinced i'd never buy one and when a student gave me a "broken" MBP that cost me $11 in parts to fix i fell in love.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WTB Macbook Pro 15"
^^^ Lucky you!

As for the Macbook, it is the same exact specs in regards to graphics card, processor and speed, hard drive size, ram, and LED screen. Like what chscag said, you're only missing the firewire port (dunno why they did that), light sensor for auto dimming, SD card slot, and backlit keyboard. To me, I didn't think it was worth the extra money for the Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.