Just got a MBP

Reaction score
K so i just got a mac book pro and im having few issues, first one is connecting to an smb share, so i do command k, and enter smb://192.168.1.4 i see my files, when i click on one it asks me for user name and password, i put the user name and password of my smb share and it says incorrect... when im 1000% is right...

The other problem i have is installing a shared network printer from a windows computer, so i go to printers, then go to +, click in windows, pick my workgroup, the system and the printer, then it asks me for the driver (i have an HP laserjet 1020) i looked in the list and no 1020 listed, went to Hps website downloaded the driver, it seems like it gets decompress in library -> printers -> HP -> laserjet and there is a file in there named: hplj1020PM.plugin i tried picking that one but it doesnt work, tried a 1022 driver but no go..

Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
and i just tried to connect to my smb server using a mac with 10.5.8 and it worked perfect..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.