Need help and advice for digitizing cd collection.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
As the title says, I'm at the beginning on digitizing my entire cd collection (1000+ albums and single cds). I have a Macbook Pro with OS 10.6.2, which I intend to use in the ripping process. I need help on finding a professional or semi-professional cd ripper for the mac.
I have a few criterias:¨
- The program must be able to rip in (uncompressed) wav format, with the PCM encoder codec (11,025 Hz, 16 bit). HDD space is not an issue, I'l rather have the highest sound quality.
- The program should be able to receive ID3 informations from databases such as CDDB, Amazon, and so (as many databases as possible).
- The program will allow the user to select the ripping speed used.

I also need a program/finder-plugin which will allow me to edit ID3 tags on my music when it's stored on an HDD.

Also, if any have any suggestions on creating an Automater action or Applescript that will allow me to batch edit music files, such as an action that adds the text "From CD Collection" to the field "Comments" in the ID3 Tag, please feel free to share them.

At least, if any have other ideas and thoughts on the subject, I'll be happy to hear them.

Best regards
Raun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Max from sbooth.org

Awesome software and a very good ripper using the right settings.
You could just use iTunes btw,it handles WAV, but it has other uncompressed formats like AIFF, or Apple Lossless too.

Both will access the Gracenote database for tags etc.

OP
R
Reaction score
Max from sbooth.org

Awesome software and a very good ripper using the right settings.
You could just use iTunes btw,it handles WAV, but it has other uncompressed formats like AIFF, or Apple Lossless too.

Both will access the Gracenote database for tags etc.
Hey Kevriano!
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.
BTW, iTunes is not an option. It is simply not professional enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.